We're truly cruelty free...
Now more than ever, shoppers are searching for cruelty-free products. Our range of handmade skincare, soaps and haircare products are all formulated with ingredients that have not been tested on animals making them "cruelty free".
What does cruelty free actually mean?
Our stance on cruelty free is simple: all of our products are formulated with ingredients that are not tested on animals.
To help you understand our cruelty free ethos better, we have produced a Cruelty Free Checklist...
Our Cruelty Free Checklist
- None of our products are tested on animals
- We ensure that none of its ingredient suppliers and manufacturers test on animals, and they verify this with documents or certifications
- We have never asked a third party to test our ingredients, formulations, or finished products on animals on our behalf
- The majority of our products are vegan (v). A small range of our products are made with beeswax and local honey
- We only sell our products in the UK where the ban on animal testing of cosmetic products came into effect in September 2004
- We are not owned by any other company
Leaping Bunny certified?
Many of you have asked if our products are Leaping Bunny certified and the answer is... not right now. We totally understand that being part of such a scheme would give our customers more confidence and it is something that we are looking into for next year (2024).
Currently our Cruelty Free logo looks like this...
...and you will be able to find it on all of our labels.
Our products are 100% cruelty-free, and free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, silicones, and aluminium. Handmade in the UK with globally sourced, cruelty free ingredients. Please visit our product pages for a full ingredient list and allergens.
All of our formulations have a Cosmetic Product Safety Report (CPSR).
We really hope that this blog posts helps you to understand of cruelty free ethos and give you confidence in our brand.
- Mark Geary founder of Truly Artisan.